Summer 2017 Trends
March 20th, 2017
A couple of months ago, we wrote a blog about the 2017 Spring Wedding Trends, and it was a great hit since a lot of Spring couples were able to add touches to their wedding to keep up with the trend. Well, if that helped our Spring brides, then this will help our Summer brides! Here are our Top 5 Summer Trends for 2017!
- Dynamic Colours: Instead of going with just two colours, or two colours and an accent colour, use one dynamic colour for a true, strong statement! It can be any colour, but I think sophisticated brights are perfect for a summer wedding! Just remember not to use too many colours, which is why sticking with one colour will make your wedding bold and beautiful!
- Themes: Themed weddings are going to be big this summer, but instead of going with the typical, generic setting or theme, take a more personal route. Think about your favourite places to hang out at, and make it your own. For example, you love going to the fall fair that you’ve been going to since you were a kid. You don’t have to have your wedding in the middle of a fall fair, but you can have the bright colours, or the candy popcorn as a sweet and savoury station. There are so many options to make the wedding theme your own!
- Natural Centerpieces: This year’s colour palette is greenery, so having natural centerpieces makes complete sense! Using wooden vases or pedestals with grass, or moss, or even baby’s breath will give your wedding a natural look with a textured feel. Something unexpected!
- Ditch Receiving Lines: Now, it’s definitely important to meet and greet each and every one of your guests at your wedding, but why do it during a receiving line? Instead, opt to greet your guests during the cocktail hour and throughout the night. This way, you will enjoy the cocktail party along with your guests, and you your guests won’t be rushed during the line to say ‘hi.’
- First Looks: I love first looks! Now, don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy watching the crowd at the ceremony enjoy the first look of the beautiful bride with the groom, but it’s your wedding day, and I think that first look should be between the two of you (and your photographer if you’re willing to capture the moment). Then everyone else can enjoy their first look, on their own time!
Have a great day YPDers! And, as always, don’t hesitate to contact us to help you plan your perfect day!